Shoe Style purchased: Dreamy Doll Flats in Shiny Red
Size purchased: 42 BR
My actual shoe size: 11, wide (but lately I’ve been sizing up to 12 in alternative shoe brands like Demonia)
What I paid: $60 USD + $25.83 Shipping = $85.83 Total
Wait Time: I ordered on 9/2/2022 and they were delivered on 10/31/2022. (So about 2 months. Not too bad).
- Color is vibrant.
- They feel comfy out of the box. I don’t feel as though I need to break them in much. (Note: I have not worn them for an extended period yet.)
- THEY ACTUALLY FIT WELL. These shoes fit my wide, size 11 feet very well.
- Excellent construction. I admire the sturdieness. I admit I was nervous as I heard they were flimsy but they’re actually pretty solid, especially for flats. (Flats tend to be floppy sometimes but these are nice.)
- The hook closure is a genius option and I wish more shoe brands did it. I would highly recommend the hook closure for Lolita who get their nails done frequently or have difficulties with fine motor actions like tiny shoe buckles.
- The length of the buckle strap feels kind of short for a shoe this large. I had to adjust the buckle bit itself down to the last eyelet to get it onto the hook. There’s enough excess strap that I could probably make another hole but, for the price of these shoes, I would prefer to just have a longer strap to begin with than have to poke a new one.
- The shoe itself is very shallow. The actual shoe itself feels like it could stand to be a little higher in the “walls” (the sides and back of the shoe). Not unwearable but they definitely don’t feel like regular shoes.
I don’t hate them. This is definitely a good find for newer Lolita who may not have a lot of other options for shoes or Lolita of all levels with larger feet.
I personally have other shoes I like much more than these in colors like mint or pink, but I might pick up another pair or two in unusual colors like gold or silver.
I’m definitely interested trying out some of their other more ornate styles!